Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting Started/April Fools

I've been thinking that I need to start a blog for a while now, especially since April Fools of this year. There are just too many funny things that happen, particularly at school, to not document them. On April 1st, I planned the ultimate prank on my 7th graders. I told them that, for personal reasons, I'd be leaving Wyoming for good and that another teacher would take over my class. I surprised myself when real tears sprang up as I told the kids about this move. However, I could only keep up pretenses 'til third hour. RS began to cry and I just couldn't take the pressure anymore. When I confessed the truth, quite a few kids were mad. I have a feeling I better watch out next April. Also on that day, KCW found me in the Home Ec. room. He had borrowed Mr. W's wedding ring and got down on one knee in front of me. "This is really hard for me," he declared, "but I have to ask. Will you marry me?" I was laughing too hard to answer. Good prank, kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment